Title Image

Snow Removal

Plowing in the  single-family home areas

Public roads in the single-family home areas are plowed by VDOT. If there are issues with the snow removal or you notice they are not coming through in a timely fashion, then please call and let them know. The more calls they receive, the sooner they will come and clear the street. Contact VDOT’s Leesburg maintenance at 703-737-2010.

VDOT Snow Removal, Snowplow Tracker and Snow Driving Information

Plowing in the town home and clubhouse areas

Streets in the town home and clubhouse areas are plowed by a private contractor hired by the HOA. In addition, the contractor shovels the clubhouse sidewalks. During heavier snowfalls, making roads passable are the contractor’s first priority. This does not mean that roads will be cleared from curb to curb on the first pass.

Homeowners and renters are responsible for clearing the sidewalks in front of their home.

Additional recommendations:

  • Move your vehicles from the curb to garages and driveways when possible, so snow plows can clear the roads more effectively.
  • Don’t move snow from your property into the roads.
  • Clear sidewalks adjacent or near your home.
  • Clear snow away from mailboxes so the mail trucks can deliver mail.

Helpful Reminders from the County:

When winter weather is in the forecast, here is some information and contact numbers you may need to know:

  • 2-1-1 Virginia provides residents information on available community services in Loudoun and statewide.
  • 5-1-1 is to be used for the latest in road conditions.
  • Call #77 on a cell phone to report a traffic crash or traffic emergency.
  • Only call 9-1-1 in a true emergency. For non-emergency situations in Loudoun County, call 703-777-1021.

Winter Storm Information

Report power outages.

For Dominion Energy, call 1-866-366-4357. or visit the outages page on Dominion Energy’s website. Dominion also provides updates through Facebook and Twitter.

To report NOVEC (Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative) power outages, call 1-888-335-0500. Make sure NOVEC has your current phone number. The correct number will expedite outage reporting and power restoration. If you use a cell phone, call 703-335-0500 or 1-888-335-0500 to associate your number with your account.

For Washington Gas, call 703-750-1000.

For Columbia Gas, call 1-800-543-8911.

Stay tuned to local TV and radio stations for information.